Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 4th, 2024, 2:00am
Quote: The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wood Treatment throughout house (Read 1371 times)
upspatel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Wood Treatment throughout house
Jun 2nd, 2005, 2:16am

Hi,

Have a 3 bed terrace house that I've stripped & now want to treat the floor boards / joists / stairs etc of wood worm & dry rot.  I want to use the 7 litre pump spray and put the treatment in here to spray.

What's the best product to use?

Here they sell the Ronseal Universal Wood Treatment (25litres) for £44, but I've also been recommended to use deepwood 8 for wood worm and the other is f.m.e.c for dry rot. both when diluted make 25ltrs of spray applied fluid, both are priced at £19 per undiluted container...

What to use??

Please help.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Re: Wood Treatment throughout house
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2005, 8:44am

If you are planning to treat so much wood you would be well advised to get a professional firm in. These chemicals can be extremely toxic and in the quantities you would need serious safety issues would need addressing.

Why do you need to treat all the house, if you have wet rot internally then it is much better to treat the damp than try to protect the timber and if you have dry rot that is a very serious problem as it can spread all over the house and you would need professional advice.

There is one product that you may want to consider if what you are planning is just preventative;

http://www.greenshop.co.uk/acatalog/index.html?http%3A//www.greenshop.co.uk/acat...

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print