Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 15th, 2024, 1:33pm
Quote: I intend to live forever........So far, so good...

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Electric Shower (Read 2805 times)
spongebob
GDPR opt-out

Electric Shower
Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:35pm

I'm about to install an electric shower (No,not doing the electrics). The plan is to conceal the supply pipe work in the stud wall. Using this method prevents the use of a seperate isolation valve for this appliance. Am I likely to fall foul of any regs?

IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Electric Shower
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2005, 12:26am

yeah, cant you put the iso valve in the loft or under the bath,  depending on how you are running the pipework. I imagine you are teeing into the main cold water supply somewhere, putting the valve in there would do, if its accessible(you know where it is)

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

spongebob
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2005, 7:20am

Thanks for the reply. All pipework is going to be concealed behind tiles or boxing in. Work is to be inspected so want to get things right. Will have to think about this.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2005, 2:17pm

get it inspected pre-tiling, tell the inspector its getting an access panel. Wink

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

spongebob
Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:20pm

Pipework re-designed and iso valve installed where it can be accessed by removeable section of boxing in. Before I proceed any further should I be considering a single check valve. The shower head will be above a tray and is not likely to be immersed in water. I'm concerned about the likelihood of the flow being affected if I install a check valve.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:27pm

if the shower head cannot be immersed in water you dont need a check valve,  however, if you later install a longer hose it might be, and if you are running from the mains the check valve wont restrict the flow too much, in fact i fitted a mixer shower today which came with check valves on both hot and cold(gravity) and the flow restriction was negligible.

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

spongebob
Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2005, 12:10am

Flippety flip!! Will put check valve in to ease potential of guilt at later date.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print