Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 17th, 2024, 3:49am
Quote: My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extra loo (Read 1732 times)
spongebob
GDPR opt-out

Extra loo
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:55pm

If installating a downstairs toilet is it necessary to provide an extractor fan? Also if installing said toilet requires excavation to connect into the below ground drainage is it necessary to notify anyone? oh and while I'm on is there any regulations preventing the transfer   of an internal soil stack to the outside of the building? Quite a lot to answer but I thought I'd get it all down before I forget it, and the 51st State is on.

IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 0

Re: Extra loo
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2005, 10:40am

Section F1 Page 9 of the Building Regs says you need ventilation (several different methods allowed) if there isn't an opening window...

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/page/odpm_breg_60...

I'm not sure about the need to notify BC. I think altering the stack might make it necessary if not the excavation..

Not sure about Planning Permission - I can imagine that if it's at the front of the house and/or you are in a conservation area then it might be necesssary.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

spongebob
Re: Extra loo
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2005, 1:50pm

Thanks for the info C.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print