Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 3rd, 2024, 12:09pm
Quote: You can keep quiet & let everyone think you're a fool or you can speak and confirm their thoughts.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Screeding material (Read 2177 times)
Renata

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Screeding material
Oct 26th, 2005, 4:13pm

I have read on this forum that when screeding to larger areas, it is better to order pre-mixed material. It comes on a truck but we need to get it down to basement..any ideas?

Many thanks

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

JerryD
Re: Screeding material
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2005, 6:19pm

Readymix screed is the way to go for bigger jobs.  It has a retarder in it so doesn't go off for 24 hours.

It comes on a tipper lorry, not a Readymix type concrete lorry, as it's mixed at the plant, not in the lorry.

They just tip it all off in one go where you want, so have the area clean and clear and have tarpaulins to cover it (stops it drying in the wind and keeps rain off).

How you get it into the basement is up to you, you know the site layout.  I've had to have it hodded upstairs before now  Shocked

Every job is different  Smiley

As it takes so long to go off, make sure nobody can access the floor (including cats etc).  Turn off any heating, especially hot pipes to be within the screed.

Good luck!  Cheesy

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Renata

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2005, 8:12am

Can they tip it of like into a big bath? And than we can use pump to get it into basement...?

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

JerryD
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2005, 8:11pm

[quote author=Renata  link=1130339628/0#2 date=1130397163]Can they tip it of like into a big bath? [/quote]

They'll tip it into whatever you want (within reason).....

Quote:
And than we can use pump to get it into basement...?

If you can hire a screed pump then good idea.  Make sure the screed you are buying and the pump you are hiring are compatable, phone both the suppliers for advice prior to ordering.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print