Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 29th, 2024, 4:20pm
Quote: Why is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are we all too professional at our jobs? (Read 3431 times)
tellondon
GDPR opt-out

Are we all too professional at our jobs?
Jan 20th, 2006, 9:38pm

Seems very slow on this forum lately, not that im complaining or critisising the forum, just i used to enjoy the lively debates sometimes, perhaps were all too good at our jobs and dont need to ask as many questions these days??
Seems most replies are light hearted banter these days rather than serious discussions, maybe it will heat up later on tonight when the pubs turn out ?  Cheesy

IP Logged

sailfishoney
GDPR opt-out

Re: Are we all too professional at our jobs?
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2006, 9:56pm

Nope, I know a darn plumber yesturday that was not to good at his job. He pissed me off so bad I had to walk off the job. See if this don't piss you right the blank bland up. I had been aske to build and tile a handi cap shower last friday. I get to the job and scope it out before i accepted it. The stupid do boys put the durrock up then caulk it between the durrock and the concrete. I ask them what make you think this is a water tight shower (wwet room) wheel chair is to go right in. They said it does not matter that this is a rush job. I said not if my name goes on it. I called the head honcho and said get down here that this shower is all ready to be set up for failure and no no no. He said do it my way. Now all the guys hate me and gave me a hgard time because they think I tattled on them. I the one thats gor to gauantee not them. So I did my layout, got my materials etc. Went to job on sat motning and I was locked out. Went back sunday and home ownners daught gave me a key. I busted my butt from 8 tilll about 100 that night. got alot accomplished. went to work monday and the super said this is all you've done. i responded obviously you have no tile experience and do not know the work involvedl I had something important to do at the court house and gor to work at around 10 am and worked until mindight. The same super came in and and snmottly are you going to have this done by friday and was on my as for the next couple of days. This is a 300 square foor handicap bathroo with the ceilings to be tiles and seat in shower no curb, 6x6 floor tile and very custom with 1/2 x 1/3 marble listellols granite seat and window sill to buff, did this all by my self abd on thursday night as A H super said the plubber will be here in the morning regaurdless and I sai Check with me in the morning and he did not, The plumber beat me there and totally ruined all my work. It was not dry or grouted. knowck off my little marble pieces t=with his tool . Totally had no respect for my hard work. I thought I was going to kick his ugly ass. I said to the plumber did you not see that 4 x 4 foot sign that had 2 buckets with a 2 by 4 running acreoos it says stay off wet tile. He said no I said your an idiot look what you have done to my work and told him he needs to leave asap. He said no he wasnt. I told him I am calling his company to find out who will be paying for me to redo all of this work.She was a living bitch. I called  not the super but the owner of the company I subbed this job from. He said he will send some out asap. He sent the fruit cake that was on my butt all week. well to make a long story shorter I grabbed my tools and a piece of the plumbers part that he needed and walked out. I was pissed.  I made sure I took pic before I left and for some reason I took pic before I left that night. ewwww. What a punk. I showed the home owner what he did too. Grin

IP Logged

TIMBA-WOLF
Board Moderator

Timba-Wolf..... Var@*sh,
should be banned!!

Total Thanks: 15
For This Post: 0

KENT,(under a tree!!!!), United Kingdom
KENT,(under a tree!!!!)
United Kingdom

Trade: Joiner

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2006, 10:21pm

Good for you Girl!!!!!, i've had a few NUMB nuts like that on jobs, they come in when advised not to, drill holes over freshly oiled timber worktops!!!!, or worse, plaster over a timber worktop and don't cover it up!! (all b-coz they are 2 weeks late getting to do the job when it should be done already!! !!)  or the complete AS@Hole mid last year, put in a counter top, oiled, waxed, buffed , nice semi-sheen to it!!, have marked out where Tap(faucett) is to go!!!! (BIG SIGN FOR PLUMBER!!!) drills hole down wrong end first, THEN, drills where it was marked....... Householder called plumber back, and beat me to it!! said to plumber, do you want your cheque, and before he could reply, had smacked him right in the mouth, and then told him , you will get NOWT, as your cheque is going on to a new piece of timber !!!!!!

Yep SFH, there are too many IDIOTS on jobs these days!!!

and Tellondon, it does seem a b-i-t-s-l-o-w just of late!!!!   i'm doing all i can between jobs/work commitments!! to interest the timber folk out there!!!

but hey ho, once the scare of credit card bills subsides , we may then be on a roll again!!!

AS HONEST AND LOYAL AS THE TIMBER-WOLF. --VAR@*SH, DON'T YOU SWEAR AT ME!! PAL!!&&I DON'T SUFFER FROM INSANITY- I DAMNED WELL ENJOY IT!!!!!
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

sailfishoney
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2006, 6:49am

[quote author=tellondon  link=1137793123/0#0 date=1137793123]Seems very slow on this forum lately, not that im complaining or critisising the forum, just i used to enjoy the lively debates sometimes, perhaps were all too good at our jobs and dont need to ask as many questions these days??
Seems most replies are light hearted banter these days rather than serious discussions, maybe it will heat up later on tonight when the pubs turn out ?  Cheesy [/quote]You want a heated debate? I give you a heated debate. Bring it on baby. lol how's that for stirring things up? Grin

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

sailfishoney
Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2006, 6:53am

Next time you can tell the plumber we are going to use his check for toilet paper. lmao Cheesy

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print