Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:21am
Quote: Borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ACL Lifestyle Model LP722 Programmer (Read 10032 times)
rgirling

Total Thanks: 2
For This Post: 0

Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Crowborough, East Sussex
United Kingdom

ACL Lifestyle Model LP722 Programmer
Feb 18th, 2006, 5:17pm

I hope that this is the right section of the forum?

After a brief power cut last night, I found that - apart from the other usual stuff (microwave, clocks, etc.) - I had to re-do my CH programmer. It's the model as in the post title and has a "Battery Reserve" of "Display - typically 1 hour; Programme - Typically 3 weeks."

The power cut was all of five minutes, yet the backup battery didn't do its job, so I must assume (after nearly eight years) that it's had it.

My question is - is the battery replaceable, or do I need to get a new programmer? I quite often use the "Holiday" facility and find it useful, so recommendations on a replacement make/model would also be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Ray.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2006, 5:18pm by rgirling »  

At the younger end of the "old fart" scale.
Thank User For This Post WWW argee45 View members image gallery  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58

Re: ACL Lifestyle Model LP722 Programmer
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2006, 5:36pm

All I could find using Google was this which says it's a Lithium battery and "no user servicable parts inside"...

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:G838siCZ3mgJ:www.invensyscontrolseurope.com/...

However it could well be a standard PCB mounted Lithium cell available from Farnell for a few pounds.

If all else fails it seems you can still get that model timer..

http://www.h-i-e.co.uk/acatalog/acl_drayton.html

http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/drayton_central_heating_controls.htm

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

rgirling

Total Thanks: 2

Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Crowborough, East Sussex
United Kingdom

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 4:48pm

Thanks for confirming what I'd thought - new programmer was the order of the day.

However, good news - I got it replaced free within my service contract!  Smiley

Ray.

At the younger end of the "old fart" scale.
Thank User For This Post WWW argee45 View members image gallery  
IP Logged

zharlow
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2014, 4:20pm

I have an ancient "Appliance Components Ltd." LS722 where it is no longer possible to read the LCD display. I understand that the Drayton LP722 programmer is supposed to be a direct "plug-in" replacement. Are the back panels absolutely 100% identical?

I ask because I know from personal experience that there was a change in the LP722 back panel some time back as a result of which the latest programmer could no longer fit the "old" back panel. I think that it might have been related to the earth wire?

Thanks

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147

Trade: Plumber

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2014, 5:32pm

Quote:
I have an ancient "Appliance Components Ltd." LS722 where it is no longer possible to read the LCD display. I understand that the Drayton LP722 programmer is supposed to be a direct "plug-in" replacement. Are the back panels absolutely 100% identical?

I ask because I know from personal experience that there was a change in the LP722 back panel some time back as a result of which the latest programmer could no longer fit the "old" back panel. I think that it might have been related to the earth wire?

Thanks

Hi,

They are both the same configuration regarding connections and numbering so one could expect the same back plack.

Failing al else you would just need to mark the numbers on the cable and connect like for like.

1-1
3-3
4-4
L-L
N-N

There will be a switch for gravity how water or fully pump that will need checking/setting

IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2014, 5:33pm

I'm not a trade so you may get a better answer if you wait. EDIT TheScruff beat me to it!

Google found this.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&...

Ignore the first page (which is in Arabic !) and scroll down to page 261.. "Interchangeability guide for programmers and time switches"

It says

Quote:
The following groups of programmers and time switches can usually be directly interchanged without changing the backplate. However, backplate design may vary making a straight exchange impossible, e.g. a Landis & Gyr RWB2 will not fit an ACL 722 backplate but the reverse is possible.This is due to the provision of an earth terminal on the ACL backplate. Note also that it would be good working practice to change the backplate, as occasionally the contacts become worn and give rise to a fault situation that could mislead the engineer into suspecting that the programmer or time switch is faulty.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print