Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Jun 12th, 2024, 4:40am
Quote: Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
best setup??????? (Read 3665 times)
scotspark
Trade Member

mmmmm it's gonna cost
you!!

Total Thanks: 10
For This Post: 0

scotland, Scotland
scotland
Scotland

Trade: Electrician

best setup???????
Apr 30th, 2007, 8:09pm

I have to install some tv points at a house I am rewiring. Customer wants sky in other rooms

whats the best setup???????

aerial and sky to main television in living room then cable from there to booster/amplifier  loft then from there to each room???????

how would that affect being able to install a magic eye ????????

does it need a cable direct frtom sky box to second tv???????

cheers

scotspark

brown to red and blue to f****&&&&ommited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58

Re: best setup???????
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2007, 9:42pm

Most expensive option would be quad LNB providing four feeds.  That would allow four sky boxes in four rooms or more likely two Sky+ boxes. This would allow you to watch upto four sky channels on different TV's.  Requires an extra monthly payment though.

or you could go for something like this in the loft...

http://www.blake-uk.com/prod_products_proception_proSTR.aspx

This takes in an aerial and sky feed and routes both to the master TV location. Other souces at the master TV location (eg DVD player, VCR, or the output from the sky box) are routed back up to the loft box where they are amplified and distributed to other rooms. You can watch sky on any TV but they all have to watch the same channel. Most TV distribution amps like this one support a magic eye or similar.

or...

You could do a combination of both. Fit a loft box as above run feeds to all rooms. Then run two extra wires from the quad LNB to the master bedroom or wherever they want the second sky+ box. The second box could be added later.

IP Logged

scotspark
Trade Member

mmmmm it's gonna cost
you!!

Total Thanks: 10

scotland, Scotland
scotland
Scotland

Trade: Electrician

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2007, 7:19pm

the woman is only having sky not even sky+ no extra boxes.

she is spending in excess of 50 grand refurbing this bungalow she has bought including wall mounting a big HD plasma screen but says she is quite happy with sky and doesn't feel the need for sky+ or HD. ??????

so if i wire as I said before from the output in the sky box thru one of these distribution amps in the loft she could if she wanted fit a magic eye in her bedroom or dining room??????????

cheers Paddy

brown to red and blue to f****&&&&ommited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2007, 7:53pm

scotspark wrote on May 1st, 2007, 7:19pm:
so if i wire as I said before from the output in the sky box thru one of these distribution amps in the loft she could if she wanted fit a magic eye in her bedroom or dining room
cheers Paddy

Yes. Just choose one that either says it supports sky magic eye or has a DC path to support an IR back channel (or similar words).

Most remote IR devices send 9V DC up the coax to power the eye and this has to go through the distribution amp.

Note that some expensive TV/SAT face plates contain filters in the backbox and the outputs are sometimes AC coupled. If she has AC coupled face plates then the DC power to the eye won't get through. If you find that the TV/SAT works at the remote location but the eye doesn't then try changing the faceplates at both ends. Usually the cheaper face plates have no electronics on them and you can see they provide a DC path.

IP Logged

supra59
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2007, 9:22pm

yep thats like my setup basically last device into the digital splitter where you would nornally put the aerial then split like you said into all rooms then the eye works perfect dont forget to set the box up for it tho plus if she as a vid she can watch that as well in each room

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print