Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 6th, 2024, 10:34am
Quote: Nothing is illegal if one hundred well-placed business men decide to do it -Andrew Young

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Veritas 8 (Read 2504 times)
stevo76
GDPR opt-out

Veritas 8
Mar 21st, 2012, 1:22pm

Hi,

We have a Veritas 8 to a Novagard 2 bellbox which has been installed for about 8 years.

In recent weeks when the keypad is pressed on the veritas the external box is sounding a short beep similar in pitch and length that the keypad makes (it is intermittent). Today for example I did a random button test and just pressed 1, 9 and 4 with the system not set. Pressing 1 the bell box didnt sound but pressing 9 and 4 it did sound, if I then press the reset button then put the code in to set the alarm it seems to be fine and sets ok and any further button presses with the system not set dont cause the bell box to sound but if I try it tomorrow for example the bell box will sound again when the buttons are pressed.

However the Bellbox has also on two occations (also recently) sounded fully as if the alarm has been triggered but the panel is not set and no panel lights have indicated why? it took a few presses of the reset button to stop it.

We have not used the alarm for a couple of weeks due to these issues so dont know if the alarm stays set for a longer periods of time, the trouble shooting in the manual does not give any suggestions for these problems either.

Any suggestions would be great.

Regards

Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2012, 7:17pm by stevo76 »  

IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 0

Re: Veritas 8
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:41am

Could this be a loose wire where the sounder connects to the panel? So when you push buttons the panel moves slightly and disturbes the connection?

Perhaps unconnected but google found mention of a possible problem with the Novagard 2.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/electrical-forum-general-electrical-forum/26...

Suggests should be a link between 0v and "+ve set". I've no idea what that's all about but note the correction in that thread (eg not "+ve" but  "+ve set").
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:43am by CWatters »  
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print