Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 29th, 2024, 5:27pm
Quote: If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts - Albert Einstein

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need advice please,expanding foam and electrical (Read 1411 times)
jacko1
GDPR opt-out

Need advice please,expanding foam and electrical
Jul 13th, 2014, 1:34pm

Hello me and a lad have been sound proofing part of my house,everything has gone fine,wall just about to be plastered,and just before i,m about to screw double electrical socket back on i see ,hes filled around the plug socket with foam ,but also inside the metal box,i knew this was not right.

it was everbuild fix and foam,very messy,so i waited for it to set ,with power off ,then scraped everything out i could and most of what i could get off the cables,but there is still little bits of foam ,on bits of the cables,and here and there

,i got most of any bits bits off and around,and made sure the cable were able to move and not fixed or held by any foam ,then i find 1 of the screw holes on the metal box have gone,so i fixed as tight as i could with 1 screw then untill plastered ,or other finishes ,

i have put bit of sealant around the socket for now ,also is there an easy fix for the side without a screw to make it that bit better,could i get away with using some kinda solid setting glue ,once i have a socket on i dont want to change,i will be replacing in near future with a nicer looking 1

,main concern is will this socket be safe with the tiny bits of foam here and there ,as i hear ,mixed things online,right from its a total risky fire hazard,to now if theres not much at all there ,it should be fine.

please advise. greatfull for any help

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print