Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:10am
Quote: The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Consumer Unit in Showerroom? (Read 2080 times)
Tomab7
GDPR opt-out

Consumer Unit in Showerroom?
May 28th, 2015, 8:01pm

I'd be very grateful for any advice on the following: I was looking to convert the rear of my integral garage (a space of 8'wide7'long) into a shower room/toilet. On the rear of the garage wall/near to ceiling is a consumer unit which the builder says could be boxed in, however when I have further investigated, the general consensus seems to be against having a consumer unit in a shower room. As the shower room would not be my main bathroom I would be happy to compromise on space and instead of having one shower room have a smaller shower room (7'x5') and a 7'x3' storage room (which would be useful).  Each having seperate entrances and seperated by a stud wall, the consumer unit being above the doorway in the storage room. Would this be a safer option?

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Consumer Unit in Showerroom?
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2015, 8:26pm

Would definitely go with plan B, in fact when the sparkies get home they'll probably say you can't have it in the shower anyway.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

supersparky
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 3
For This Post: 0

Trade: Electrician

Re: Consumer Unit in Showerroom?
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2015, 12:23am

You can't have it in the shower, If its within the shower but in a cupboard you can but not advised....Plan B sounds good!

Thank User For This Post WWW  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print