Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 30th, 2024, 3:06am
Quote: A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mains Water Pipe Relocation In Kitchen (Read 895 times)
iprice606

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Mains Water Pipe Relocation In Kitchen
Nov 14th, 2022, 9:40pm

Evening All, I am after some advice please. I live in a Taylor Wimpey home built in 2016. I want to change the confit of my kitchen which was part of standard build with the house. We are looking at opening it up with Bifold doors and an island in the middle of the kitchen. Under the sink by the back window the main stop cock comes into the house. How and what’s the best approach to relocating that into the island as this area will be replaced by bifold doors. My dad believes it’s a concrete slab with screed but I am confused to what’s the best approach to reclaiming that mains into the island - can anyone help please ?  Would this pipe of come straight from the front under the house or would they have gone round. Can anyone recommend what’s the best approach with this

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Re: Mains Water Pipe Relocation In Kitchen
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2022, 9:40am

If you find out where your water meter is situated then it’s likely they would choose the shortest distance between it and your stop tap. When moving a stop tap I always fitted it as close to where it entered the house as possible. I assume that you want to relocate the sink to the island which is going to entail digging the floor up to fit the drain pipe which is a bigger job than running water pipes as you need to ensure that you give it the correct fall. Unless there is access under the floor I always try to dissuade customers from fitting plumbing into an island when they have a solid floor. Normally once they realise the costs involved we can work out a better plan.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print