Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 28th, 2024, 11:25pm
Quote: Alcohol and mathmatics do not mix. Never drink and divide.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Beano (Read 12425 times)
HM

Chief Turd Polisher

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Re: Beano
Reply #17 - May 7th, 2004, 6:49am

[quote author=Dewy  link=1083605908/0#14 date=1083705934]The police & fire service do the same yet it was always me who got blamed [/quote]

On a related note, my vehicle is fitted with Tracker. So if someone were to threaten me to get my car keys I'd be delighted to hand them over knowing that I'll have the car back within an hour and Mr Reprehensible will be making an appointment to see the beak.

Anyway, I pick my daughter up from St Johns Ambulance every monday evening. And like clockwork whilst I'm out doing that little job Tracker phone up to say my vehicle has been stolen (it's apparently moved without the ignition being turned on). My wife takes the call and says it's okay, I've stolen my own car. Like a favourite TV program, same time each week.

Reason being that the Fire Station is immediately behind the St Johns Ambulance place and when I'm turning my car round in the car park the whizzy electrons are doing their thing to phone Houston and report a problem.

I've had to take avoiding action on this by not going into the car park, but dropping her off out in the road. Works a treat.

Tracker have been out to look into the problem because they didn't like the fact that their box of tricks was waking up their operators early on monday evenings. They can't fix it.

I'm just glad that my tracker isn't getting those fireman scrambling down a pole..... Wink

Andrew

If you aren't always sure of the right answer don't take up a career in the bomb squad
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Dewy
Reply #18 - May 7th, 2004, 5:05pm

[quote author=mailee  link=1083605908/15#16 date=1083890380] Grin Never did have a CB rig but had a model aeroplane shot down by one Angry [/quote]
Was that before or after CB was legalised?
I knew a radio control freak who went mad when CB became legal in Nov 81. He was always losing control because he used crystals that used the legal CB frequency but he didn't want to buy new crystals that lowered the frequency to those he could safely use..

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

mailee
Reply #19 - May 7th, 2004, 11:02pm

It was before they became legal when they were on 27mgs. After they legalised the CB they changed the radio control systems to 35mgs so eleviating the problem. I was a bit pi**ed off I can tell you as it was a scale Mustang and took me months to build.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print