Quote: Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much - Oscar Wilde

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
computer Q (Read 2603 times)
greg
GDPR opt-out

computer Q
Jan 9th, 2005, 2:48pm

Does anyone know how i can set microsoft outlook so that it starts up whenever i switch the pc on - do i just need to add it to the start up menu?

cheers

IP Logged

Windy Miller
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Handyman

Re: computer Q
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2005, 2:58pm

You can put it in the startup group on the menu...

Windy

Just is good enough
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

HM

Chief Turd Polisher

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2005, 2:59pm

Find it on the menu, right-click, select copy.

Find the other menu you want to put it on (e.g. Start), right-click, select paste.

Job's a good 'un.

HM

If you aren't always sure of the right answer don't take up a career in the bomb squad
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Trade: Plumber

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2005, 7:50pm

[quote author=HandyMac  link=1105282096/0#2 date=1105282779]Find it on the menu, right-click, select copy.

Find the other menu you want to put it on (e.g. Start), right-click, select paste.

Job's a good 'un.

HM
[/quote]
he didnt want to put it on the start menu HM he wanted it in the startup menu.

As an aside something I have found especially helpful for progs that start up but you cant stop them is ..

Start menu/Run type msconfig and hit enter.  Click the startup tab and you will be presented with a list of programs currently run on startup, uncheck the ones you dont want and restart, you will be presented with a window telling you you are running in selective startup mode for troubleshooting(or something like that) click the dont tell me about this again box and click ok, jobs a goodun.

This is especially good for that virus that wont let itself be deleted because its running all the time.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Itworkedb4

It worked when I left!

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2005, 2:21pm

I am always wary of systems where the user has added a lot of items to the start menu, as this slows the system down a fair bit.
If it is only one application it probably would not cause an issue but as it is Outlook bear in mind it is going to want to connect to the server which uses resources that the system needs to start everything else. You are far better starting apps from a script that has say a 20 second wait command attached to it, as this gives time for the OS to finish starting up.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print