Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 30th, 2024, 11:22pm
Quote: You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
help-cu-problems (Read 10072 times)
opentoideas

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Re: help-cu-problems
Reply #17 - Jan 27th, 2005, 1:05pm

[quote author=L.Spark  link=1106435723/15#16 date=1106783325]Good advice OTI

Bl00dy wylex boards, who would 'ave em  Roll Eyes [/quote]

Thanks Grin

well i'm not a pro but the Volex box dosn't seem to bad to me but then i seem to be in a minority there!

ok they are a bit fiddly as there is not much room inside and they could be a bit more sturdy (both things that i could see being a big issue when time=money) but for the price and when you are not in a hurry these are not real issues. and on the plus side there is the adjustable split!

mind you i guess in these days of part P the days of DIY CU swaps will soon be over so then yes its a pile of c@@p Wink

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

supersparky
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 3

Trade: Electrician

Reply #18 - Jan 27th, 2005, 1:24pm

[quote author=opentoideas  link=1106435723/15#17 date=1106831148]

Thanks Grin

well i'm not a pro but the Volex box dosn't seem to bad to me but then i seem to be in a minority there!

ok they are a bit fiddly as there is not much room inside and they could be a bit more sturdy (both things that i could see being a big issue when time=money) but for the price and when you are not in a hurry these are not real issues. and on the plus side there is the adjustable split!

mind you i guess in these days of part P the days of DIY CU swaps will soon be over so then yes its a pile of c@@p Wink [/quote]

the problems i have with em:

1. too flimsy
2. no space
3. crap layout
4 mcb handle fell off an mcb once ???
5. was called back to one where there was a fault on the rcd, it was protecting the cooker which had a simple fault, the MCB delt with it, so, whilst the cooker wasnt working the volex rcd, being the helpfull chap that it is, decided that it would be the stand in cooker.

dont mean to scare anyone Tongue
but the above happened when i was stupid enough to fit coustemers parts.....

and now i have a select list of what units i will even look at, wylex isnt generaly one of them, although metal switchfuses are good.

ss

Thank User For This Post WWW  
IP Logged

opentoideas

Reply #19 - Jan 28th, 2005, 11:11am

I know what you mean like i said it does have its faults and it wasnt much fun to work with but at the time it was half the price of any other split load board i could find.

Especialy when it comes to the DIY'er an aparent "bargain" such as this does at first glance look like a good deal and I am sure that most who bought these wouldn't even think about the dificulty of working in such a tight space (I know i didn't until I came to fit it   Embarrassed )

when all is said and done i dont regret buying it but if i ever have to do it again, well I probably wouldnt buy another.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

peter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #20 - Jan 28th, 2005, 12:19pm

Thanks Everybody

The problem was the bus bar it needed splitting.

Your all Fantastic its nice to know people around like to help each other, although not common now a days.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print