Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:32pm
Quote: Why is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
combi install question (Read 1923 times)
DirtyHarry1967

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

combi install question
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:18pm

am fitting a new kitchen and at the same time getting a gas combi boiler fitted.

my plan would be to get the combi connected up to my hot water system only (with the intention of running the radiator pipework at a later date)

would this be feasable?

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Trade: Plumber

Re: combi install question
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2005, 11:32pm

yeah should be no trouble, you might need to link the flow and return and pressure it up to get the boiler to work, and it would probably not be recommended by the manufacturer, but I see no trouble with it.

As always, any advice given by me needs thorough research!!

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Plumber
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2005, 8:07am

I would fit one radiator in the kitchen, run the pipework to this in 22mm, it will allow you to use the hot water side, as the hot water is heated by the central heating water, so this circuit has to be connected and filled with water to work, it will also mean that your pipework is in place for the rest of the heating system.

The boiler installation should be carried out by a CORGI registered installer

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

DirtyHarry1967

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2005, 9:00am

[quote author=Plumber  link=1111961899/0#2 date=1111993622]I would fit one radiator in the kitchen, run the pipework to this in 22mm, it will allow you to use the hot water side, as the hot water is heated by the central heating water, so this circuit has to be connected and filled with water to work, it will also mean that your pipework is in place for the rest of the heating system.

The boiler installation should be carried out by a CORGI registered installer [/quote]

excellent idea.... I will be  fitting a new rad in the kitchen so this will work out well

I have a friend who is corgi plumber so he will be fitting the boiler.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print