Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 5th, 2024, 6:54pm
Quote: If you can think of a random quote - Let us know!!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any bricklayers here? (Read 1978 times)
warreng
GDPR opt-out

Any bricklayers here?
Jul 5th, 2005, 1:19pm

just want your opinions on this -

http://www.wallmaster.co.uk/pages/Intro_to_Wallmaster.htm

its a bricklaying tool thats supposed to do prcise bricklaying and it looks good from what they show on this site, just want an experts opinion...btw im currently learning bricklaying....

IP Logged

JerryD
GDPR opt-out

Re: Any bricklayers here?
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2005, 5:45pm

If you're learning bricklaying (properly) then forget any of these systems.  There are several variations on this theme, all aimed at the guy "who hasn't a clue".

Those pictures on their website show excellent brickwork, nicely jointed so NO WAY was any of that done as a first attempt at bricklaying.

I spent 3 years going to college (evenings) plus now over 30 years experience and there is a lot more to bricklaying than just bedding the bricks.

However, for a few quid you could get one of these gadgets and prove me wrong...........  Wink

IP Logged

PowerTool
GDPR opt-out

Re: Any bricklayers here?
Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2005, 11:23pm

As a complete novice at bricklaying,I bought a "Bricky" tool for building my new workshop earlier this year.
Quite pleased with the results,but other bricklaying (garden walls and similar) I have done since,I have done without it.
So I think all these "tools" serve the same purpose - if you have no experience,they will give you enough confidence with bricks and mortar to do it the traditional way (which I think is a better job/finish)

So they have there place,but only in the DIY market.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print