Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 18th, 2024, 5:04pm
Quote: The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nurse Call Systems?? (Read 6579 times)
zambezi
GDPR opt-out

Nurse Call Systems??
Aug 8th, 2005, 8:42pm

Greetings...
I have been asked to quote for installing a new nurse call and panic alarm system in a hospital. I have worked with a Quantec Nurse Call 800 system but there seems to be loads of different makes and models out there. Any ideas, pros and cons, suggestions??

Cheers Z

IP Logged

Lurch
GDPR opt-out

Re: Nurse Call Systems??
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2005, 8:56pm

What sort of size is this nurse call system? For larger systems it's sometimes wiser to contract the job out and get someone in to fit an adressable system.

For smaller systems, take your pick. They're all pretty much similar. Not something I do a lot of so I've got no particular brand loyalty, mostly because I can never remember what I've fitted or worked on! (I'm getting on a bit Wink)

IP Logged

zambezi
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2005, 10:00pm

Hi Lurch,
There are probably about 10 to 12 rooms (x 2 call points in each because of bathrooms) per nurse station and about 6 nurse stations. Then there are the communal areas, bathrooms and toilets.

I would be the one contracted to do it, via the contractor who has the contract to maintain the hospital.

Have you ever installed a wireless system? I may have problems running cables to some of the wards, access is very limited.

Cheers Z

IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 0

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2005, 1:39pm

Ask the hospital if a wireless system is ok - just in case they are worried about interferrence with hospital equipment.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Lurch
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2005, 3:09pm

I steer clear of wireless wherever I can in any job, and I too would be concerned about EMI especially in hospitals.

For that sort of size I'd probably go with something simple like a C-tec 800 series call system. I've fitted a few of the smaller systems and it does what it says on the tin, easily available parts for repair, installation and additions and not a ridiculous price from most wholesalers. Nice and easy to customize additional whistles and bells on to it too if that's required.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lurch
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2005, 9:53pm

Any further on with this project?

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

zambezi
Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:04am

Sorry mate,
We had to do the hand-over yesterday so i have not touched the ground for a few days.
We are looking at the Quantec NC 800. They already have it installed in some parts of the hospital so it would make sense to get it all the same.
They don't have any fancy equipment, it is a hospital for people who have issues...

I will let you know what they decide to go for, everybody has been preoccupied with the refurb.

Cheers Z

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lurch
Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2005, 12:45pm

Aha, I see. The Quantec is a C-Tec brand and is the next model up from the standard 800 series call system. Basically what you're using is the addressable version of the standard 800 series call system, I think. Wink

Although as far as I know (but as I say, it's not something I've done much of), the Quantec is one line of systems and the 800 series another, I'm not sure the Quantec comes with in an 800 flavour. Easy enough to tell the difference, the 800 series has a huge box with loads of indicators on it and the Quantec has LCD displays to indicate alarm conditions.

If there is an existing Quantec system in then theoretically the job's a piece of cake!

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

zambezi
Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2005, 6:58pm

Thats the idea.
They have the 800 and the Quantec, 800 is being used as nurse call and Quantec is being used as personal attack alarm (either system could do both but i did not fit them)?? Both are still current models but the Quantec looks the part. The 800 looks a bit dated but it is a doddle to work on. Just rewired the 800 on one floor when we did the refurb, also added pull cords to the bathrooms.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2005, 6:58pm by zambezi »  
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lurch
Reply #9 - Aug 22nd, 2005, 7:20pm

Excellent stuff, thanks for the updates. Wink

Now, just wish I had a couple of decent jobs coming in, rather than all this service and faultfinding.  Sad

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

zambezi
Reply #10 - Aug 22nd, 2005, 7:31pm

It sucks, when i have a big job on the go then i get loads of calls for more big jobs. When i am twiddling my thumbs then the phone never rings Sad

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lurch
Reply #11 - Aug 22nd, 2005, 7:50pm

Yeah, I think we all get that. Wink

You can also be 100% sure that the phone won't ring when you're having a quiet day but on the busiest day when there's a tight deadline to meet it never stops!

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:33am

[quote author=Lurch  link=1123530123/0#11 date=1124736653]Yeah, I think we all get that. Wink

You can also be 100% sure that the phone won't ring when you're having a quiet day but on the busiest day when there's a tight deadline to meet it never stops! [/quote]

Check your ADSLfilters! lol

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

zambezi
Reply #13 - Aug 23rd, 2005, 7:38am

lol Smiley

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Beanzy
Reply #14 - Aug 23rd, 2005, 9:54am

Don't forget the wireless remote nurse-call button to your own bedroom at home. Shocked

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print