Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 15th, 2024, 9:09am
Quote: Nothing is illegal if one hundred well-placed business men decide to do it -Andrew Young

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CORGI confusion (Read 3382 times)
stressedout
GDPR opt-out

CORGI confusion
Aug 19th, 2005, 8:19pm

We want to fit a range cooker into our new kitchen and a workmate has recommended an LPG conversion for the hob. I like the idea, so I asked 2 gas fitters to come and have a look.
The range will be up against an outside wall, and on the other side there is a wooden shed about a metre away. Nearby there is an oil-fired external combi boiler and an underground well sealed by a metal plate.
My problem is that although both of these guys are CORGI registered, one said I could fit the bottles (2 x 19kg) inside the shed and the other said this was illegal.
Which way should I go?
Thanks
Stressed.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2005, 8:20pm by stressedout »  

IP Logged

JerryD
GDPR opt-out

Re: CORGI confusion
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2005, 8:28pm

IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2005, 8:33pm

from that it looks like its a no-no to keeping them in the shed, should be a building made for that use only, and there are rules regarding construction of it etc.  Best throw them outside.

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

bripl
Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2005, 9:37pm

lpg bottles CANNOT be stored inside a shed,they should be in a purpose designed cage or cabinet with correct ventilation,you also need to consider the distance from drains[untrapped] or heat sources,windows,oil tanks,boundarys just to name a few

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

JerryD
Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2005, 10:22pm

It's amazing then that a CORGI registered plumber should recommend that you COULD store them in the shed.

That's just an explosion waiting to happen by the sound of it.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2005, 11:37pm

Yeah, thats what the trade has been saying about CORGI since day 1, just because you are a member doesnt make your work safer.

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

bripl
Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2005, 11:44pm

being corgi registered does not mean you are competant in the real world,it is just a money making racket for the greedy bassssssssssturds in basinstoke fleecing gas installers

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print