Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 15th, 2024, 11:35am
Quote: Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shower Turn Off (Read 3179 times)
Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Shower Turn Off
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:24pm

Hi  I have finally connected water to the shower installation.  All was well the first two nights but last night at about 01-30 I was woken by water running sporadically.  I checked and it was from the shower head just a little and every now and again.

The shower control is shown below and is a ¼ turn ceramic.

Is this likely to be a) A bit of crap trapped in the control? or b) do I have to change the control and if so will I be able to simply change the one control not the whole assembly?

IP Logged

chrishutt
Trade Member

What is YaBB 1G - SP1?

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Not Specified

Re: Shower Turn Off
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2005, 6:14pm

A question for the shower valve manufacturers, I would have thought. Just out of interest, who are they and what model is it? Web link?

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

jasonB
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2005, 6:43pm

Are you sure it's not just the water that gets stuck in the heas draining out? Take the head off and see if you get the same problem.

Did you flush the pipes before installing the shower?

Jason

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

bstyle
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2005, 8:43pm

Is the valve made by Crosswater?

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Bayden_Rank
Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2005, 9:19pm

Did I flush the pipes - Sadly no it was done arse about face due to problems getting plasterer and other things sorted in right order - not their fault mine Sad

Manufacturer - http://www.homeofamber.com/view_showers/showers/showr.html

No Bstyle the head was not fitted at that stage as I was still allowing things to dry out - I had simply run water off into bucket to check that it was getting there.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2005, 9:22pm by Bayden_Rank »  
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

jasonB
Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2005, 8:39am

Sound like you have got a bit of muck in the ceramic disc, unlike a washer these cannot be changed cheaply.

If it is something soft like a bit of swarf from where the plastic tank was drilled for the new dedicated feed then you may be able to remove the cartridge and clean it. If it was metal swarf or a bit of grit then the ceramic will be damaged so you will need to get a replacement ceramic cartridge. Sad

Hope they do spare parts, thats why I always like a known brand like trevi, lifetime gaurantee on the ceramic discs and any spare you need once out of gaurantee otherwise they just send it free of charge Grin

Jason
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2005, 8:42am by jasonB »  
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Bayden_Rank
Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2005, 4:14pm

Hi Jason I am hoping that I may be able to flush it through if not the cartridge looks as if it is replaceable.   The after sales service from the House of Amer (Ultra group) is like nothing I have ever experienced with replacement parts by return - I even got worried that they might send them before I got around to asking
Grin

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print