Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 3rd, 2024, 9:38am
Quote: What makes him think a middle aged actor, who's played with a chimp, could have a future in politics? - Ronald Reagan

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plastering Error (Read 2567 times)
Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Plastering Error
Sep 1st, 2005, 1:53pm

Due to a small oversight I need to build up a smallish width (by the height of the dooropening) of new plaster to match edge of the tiling - don't ask! Basically the tiles overlap slightly into an opening and the wall of the opening now needs to be built up to meet it.  

The plaster at its thickest will be about 8mm thick tapering to nothing over about 10 inches.  Can I just use finish plaster to do this and if so should I build it up in layers or do I need to use undercoat(?) plaster (browning?).

Many thanks

Nothing is how it was planned Undecided
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2005, 1:54pm by Bayden_Rank »  

IP Logged

JerryD
GDPR opt-out

Re: Plastering Error
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2005, 5:58pm

What are you actually plastering onto?  In other words, what is the background? Is it old plaster or bare blocks?

IP Logged

Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2005, 7:04pm

Hi Jerry - It is onto plaster that was put up about 6-8 weeks ago.  Unfortunately the builder did not get the edge perpendicular.  Not that that would have been a real issue but when he set out the tiling he went right to the edge - duh Embarrassed  Have got fed up with waiting as I am getting mild grief to get on with re-decorating the rest of the bedroom.  Difficulty is that it is my own brother in law who is currently keeping my builder occupied Sad
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2005, 7:04pm by Bayden_Rank »  

IP Logged

JerryD
GDPR opt-out

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2005, 7:07pm

Well if it's only 8mm and it's new plaster background I would Unibond the existing plaster and then simply top coat with MultiFinish.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2005, 7:08pm by JerryD »  

IP Logged

Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2005, 8:13pm

Many thanks Jerry - here goes then Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print