Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 18th, 2024, 7:04pm
Quote: The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sunshine and PIRs (Read 1967 times)
sparkster
GDPR opt-out

Sunshine and PIRs
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:27am

Hi all,

I have a niggle with one PIR at home - which has no alternative but to see puddles (!) or sunshine on the floor. I've always had an issue with this one sensor and I set the panel to ignore it unless it triggers twice.

That was fine for ages, however now we're into more typical weather it has gone off twice in two days.

I have no experience of dual-mode types but I guess a dual-mode would solve this as the microwave bit would not see any 'movement'. Or I could try to hammer the thing so it doesn't see any part of the floor.

Anyone got any good/bad opinion of dual-mode sensors?

Ta.

IP Logged

Lurch
GDPR opt-out

Re: Sunshine and PIRs
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2005, 12:28pm

By dual mode I'm assuming you mean dualtech. Go for it, I always spec dualtech or quad detectors for arduous conditions.

Don't see why there is no option but for it to see puddles though? Could it not be moved, or use perimiter protection instead, i.e. shock\vibration\glass break sensors instead?

IP Logged

sparkster
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2005, 12:43pm

It's in an awkward position in order to cover all the doors (3) and windows (2) to the room. I fiddled for a while to get it where it is but it prolly ended up seeing too much floor.  More fiddling may cure the problem but I would rather switch to something less fussy and fiddle with that instead.

I'll get a dual-tech one.

IP Logged

Goodsparks
GDPR opt-out

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2005, 5:11pm

Just remember that you may need to tweak the pot. down on the inside, I had a whole box of supersensitive dual-techs that managed to see through a 4" block wall at about 75%

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print