Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 18th, 2024, 12:12pm
Quote: A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plasterers! (Read 1436 times)
Bungle
GDPR opt-out

Plasterers!
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:32pm

Needed to take a small section out of an exsisting stud wall to make access through a horizontal piece of timber for new cables to pass through.

Its only a few inches square but is at eye level so would be easily spotted to the trained eye if I fock it up.

Just wondering on the best way to patch it back up.

Any tricks?  I have the piece of plasterboard.  Is it a case of fixing it back onto the timber and touching up over it?

Any recommendations on the type of filler/mix I use?  What would leave a good finish etc.  EG filler then board finish or what???

Might seem like a simple question I know but the jobs for family and want to leave it looking as good as new as possible.

All help appreciated.

Cheers.

IP Logged

TIMBA-WOLF
Board Moderator

Timba-Wolf..... Var@*sh,
should be banned!!

Total Thanks: 15
For This Post: 0

KENT,(under a tree!!!!), United Kingdom
KENT,(under a tree!!!!)
United Kingdom

Trade: Joiner

Re: Plasterers!
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:25pm

insert a timber fillet/plasterboard sections around the opening, so when you fix back the section of plaster board (you removed) back the fine surface filler will not disappear through the cracks , and fill it up just proud, the sand flat when fully dry! a fine filler , like plasterbaord filler......

failing that , buy them a nice piccy!!! (sorry) Roll Eyes

AS HONEST AND LOYAL AS THE TIMBER-WOLF. --VAR@*SH, DON'T YOU SWEAR AT ME!! PAL!!&&I DON'T SUFFER FROM INSANITY- I DAMNED WELL ENJOY IT!!!!!
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print