Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 29th, 2024, 7:10pm
Quote: To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Glossing skirting boards (Read 5796 times)
jimbocam
GDPR opt-out

Glossing skirting boards
Sep 25th, 2006, 7:36pm

What's the best way to gloss skirting boards next to carpet (without pulling up the carpet)?

I end up carefully trying to paint as near as I can to the carpet without touching it but this can leave a noticeable difference between the new paint and the old paint down at carpet level.

Any tips please? Huh

IP Logged

runninwata
GDPR opt-out

Re: Glossing skirting boards
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2006, 8:50pm

i have stuck a piece of fomica laminate into the space between carpet and skirting then with a deft hand cut right into skirting level, you need to replace the piece of laminate every now and again to prevent ovrspill and runns off of it on to the carpet

regards

steve

IP Logged

wretch
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2006, 8:52pm

good wide masking tape.stick it to the carpet with about an 8mm overlap and push it down between the skirting and carpet.it will compress the pile so when it is removed it covers the paint line.it works with hard pile carpets as well.

best regards

wretch

IP Logged

jimbocam
GDPR opt-out

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2006, 7:12pm

Cheers both!  Smiley

IP Logged

corablimey
GDPR opt-out

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2006, 8:25pm

Quote:
good wide masking tape.stick it to the carpet with about an 8mm overlap and push it down between the skirting and carpet.it will compress the pile so when it is removed it covers the paint line.it works with hard pile carpets as well.

best regards

wretch

Thats what I do which is fine until they change the carpet down the line, then they get a ridge. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print