Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 4th, 2024, 9:24am
Quote: Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying - Arthur C. Clarke

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
replacing wooden floor in kitchen before tiling (Read 1693 times)
outside1
GDPR opt-out

replacing wooden floor in kitchen before tiling
Aug 26th, 2008, 11:59am

hi, i am renovating a 1960 house and have found that the kitchen floor is infested in part with wood worm, i have cut out the worst affected floor boards and replaced two joist's.Also I am treating the whole house for wood worm.My main question is whether i rip up the rest of the old foor boards and replace with a marine ply(22/25mm) floor as i intend to tile the kitchen floor ,this option gives me some spare boards to replace any damaged boards around rest of house.Option 2 is to replace only removed floorboards (poss problems matching up boards) with newboards and over board with ply or wedi for tiling or Option 3 rip up old boards lay new ones and overlay with ply or wedi.There are pros and cons to ecah solution and cost is also a factor but want to do the job right, so any feed back or experiance of similar problem would be good.  Huh

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: replacing wooden floor in kitchen before tilin
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2008, 12:08pm

If it is easy to replace the lot, I would.  It will give a good clean slab to start working from.  Will also give you an idea of the condition of the rest of the joists.

I am just a spark though!

So with that in mind.....any cables need to be routed under before you board/tile?
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2008, 12:09pm by Lectrician »  

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print