Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 19th, 2024, 4:52am
Quote: Life is sexually transmitted.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alarm bell box churping... (Read 3216 times)
Zambezi
GDPR opt-out

Alarm bell box churping...
Feb 17th, 2009, 9:15pm

I got a call from somebody today to say that their external sounder (bell box) is beeping every now and again. They moved in today so they don't know how the alarm system works etc. They have pulled the fuse to shut it up for now.
It is a Pyronix, Paragon Super with a RKP key pad. I have not been there yet so I don't have any more info.
It could be that the alarm has been set to chime (easy fix) or bell box is sick (probably a flat battery) or ...... any ideas?? I don't have the engineers code for the alarm either, which won't make life any easier!

IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 0

Re: Alarm bell box churping...
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2009, 3:37pm

I guess they can't get hold of the previous owner to ask for the codes? Do the new people own the system or was it rented?  

Some info on their web site but couldn't find an explanation.
Seems Technical Manuals are only available to "PI Club members" and nothing in the user manuals. You can be sure the alarm will go off if you tamper with the alarm box. Specs suggest the battery will power the alarm bell for 30 mins or so if it's ringing.

Perhaps worth giving them a call..

http://www.pyronix.com/contact/uksales.htm

Default master code is 1234
Default limited user code 5678
according to..

http://www.pyronix.com/download1/technical/docs/pdfs/Paragon/Paragon%20Super/Eng...

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Zambezi
Re: Alarm bell box churping...
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2009, 7:49pm

Thanx CW.
It is a rented property and the landlord was not given the details of the alarm panel when they bought the property. I have not tried the default codes yet, mainly because when I got there the alarm seemed to be behaving, so I left it alone. I don't know what the engineers menus are so I don't really know what to do once I input the master user code??

I will have to try and find a technical/installers manual, then have a play.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print