Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:58am
Quote: If there is a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Twisted main Joist (Read 1453 times)
BigClick
GDPR opt-out

Twisted main Joist
Dec 6th, 2009, 11:01am

Doing up my en-suite I have hit a major snag.
The room is about 2m square. The floor deck consists of a standard joist that runs along the outside wall, then a bigger joist (7x4) parralel to the other with a space just big enough to put the main waste. The rest of the joists are "hung" from the big one at right angles to form the majority of the en-suite floor.

The problem :-
After removing the boards from where I want the wet room former, the main joist (7x4) that the joist hangers are fixed to is twisted and so forms a a high ridge. This wasn’t a problem when it was a traditional shower tray, floor boards and carpet, but now it buggers up the level for the wet room tray.

I can’t see how I can work the joist to remove the effect of the twist without moving the joist hanger top portion out of the way as I do each section. I have thought about re-positioning the main shower area but it does mean less than ideal positions for the basin and radiator and I have no plans to move the toilet location because of how the main waste pipe is presented.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Undecided

answer here please
http://www.askthetrades.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1260097418/0#1  b/a
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2009, 12:55pm by big_all »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print