Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 28th, 2024, 9:16pm
Quote: Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up - Jesse Jackson

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Our illustrious telecomms history (Read 2175 times)
The_Trician
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 8
For This Post: 0

Trade: Electrician

Our illustrious telecomms history
Feb 10th, 2012, 4:49pm

After digging to a depth of 10 feet last year, Canadian scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by their neighbours, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times:

"American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the Canadians".

One week later, the British authorities reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 feet in North Yorkshire, Jack Arkwright, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely f**k all. Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Britain already had mobile phones."

Just makes me bloody proud to be British!

Thats the trouble with a colostomy - you can never find the shoes to match the bag.......
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

TIMBA-WOLF
Board Moderator

Timba-Wolf..... Var@*sh,
should be banned!!

Total Thanks: 15
For This Post: 0

KENT,(under a tree!!!!), United Kingdom
KENT,(under a tree!!!!)
United Kingdom

Trade: Joiner

Re: Our illustrious telecomms history
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2012, 11:17pm

Brilliant!! Grin Grin

AS HONEST AND LOYAL AS THE TIMBER-WOLF. --VAR@*SH, DON'T YOU SWEAR AT ME!! PAL!!&&I DON'T SUFFER FROM INSANITY- I DAMNED WELL ENJOY IT!!!!!
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print