Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 29th, 2024, 11:10am
Quote: A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is written on - Samuel Goldwyn

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How do I tighten a loose top-fixing toilet seat? (Read 42610 times)
markcb
GDPR opt-out

Re: How do I tighten a loose top-fixing toilet seat?
Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2013, 3:27am

Unfortunately you can't push the pegs through because the other ends are completely enclosed by the seat and lid.  Each peg has a very small lip at the exposed end that provides some purchase and can help to get them moving.

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Reply #18 - Apr 30th, 2013, 9:32am

HongKong engineering at its best  Grin

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

MaryM

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2023, 8:30pm

I found this thread useful when trying to fix a GSI Panorama seat. It is a case of pulling out the horizontal metal pegs, which have no cap at the end or screw thread inside. I was able to extract one trying a series of tools:pliers, screwdriver, hammer. The other refused to budge, even using a mallet and screwdriver to try and chisel it out with some force. I ended up pulling out the whole fixing from the hole in the ceramic part of the loo. It was very corroded and I think this type of fixing is unsuitable for a hard water area.Even with the seat off I couldn't get the peg out.I ordered a new seat with soft close hinges and this while also having the awful butterfly clips, which I dreaded losing down the hole forever, at least does not have the same problem with the hinges

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print