Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 29th, 2024, 6:54pm
Quote: Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT versatility help needed! (Read 2932 times)
BTHell
GDPR opt-out

BT versatility help needed!
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:28am

My issue is two fold.

1. The BT Versatility Phone system. It will not Release the line.
    1.1 I have tried to set the Guarded Clear. This worked for a while. It just stopped working and the like would not terminate. Which brings me to the second problem

2. I can no longer access the COM port through the serial port. I have both the Engineering and User applications installed.
    2.1 I used to connect without issue. I have tried every baud rate. I have tried both com ports. Every configuration possible.
    2.2 I have set the baud rate using the phone to no avail.
    2.3 We have tried resetting the system to through the phone.
    2.4 The research I have done on the system tells me that the terminated  clear should not even have to be turned on.
    2.5 This has been a nightmare. We have both the PSTN phone modules and the Voice mail Modules. Could a faulty module cause these issue?

This is for a non profit organization. My buddy bought this in good faith of its functionality. The group who sold it wont take it back. Any help will be much appreciated..

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT versatility help needed!
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 7:46am

Faulty modules would not cause an issue with the serial port connection.  I assume the lead is plugged into the correct programming port in the CCU and has not fallen out?  The serial port is working on the PC?  Not firewalled, the port number been changed etc?

How many lines are you using, and are they all having the same problems releasing the lines?  If you are using just 1 or 2 lines, swap the two black modules around.  This would prove if it is the module or not.

Standard PSTN lines do not like working directly with the versatility with out the line supervision guarded clear set to on.  When a PSTN line is correctly presented by BT Openreach for PBX use, you would not require this setting, but these days when lines are installed they just present standard PSTN lines when they are ordered.  Usually if you order a line and an auxiliary line (a second line on the same number), they will be set to the type required for use with a PBX automatically, having the guarded clear setting on the line, rather then system.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print