Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:37am
Quote: The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax - Albert Einstein

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Low DHW flow from baxi 105E (Read 3102 times)
John Barker
GDPR opt-out

Low DHW flow from baxi 105E
Jul 13th, 2013, 2:14pm

Baxi 105E boiler - I have suddenly experienced low flow from my hot water taps. Temperature is very hot bot it takes forever to fill the bath. A plumber has recently removed and cleaned the heat exchanger to try and resolve this problem to no avail'
Other work recently on the boler has been the renewal of the pressure vessel and also a new diaphragm has been fitted. The problem seems to have arose since the diaphragm was changed , although this may well be a coincidence
any suggestions ??

IP Logged

Headrush
Trade Member

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 10
For This Post: 0

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Nottingham
United Kingdom

Trade: Plumber

Re: Low DHW flow from baxi 105E
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2013, 10:41am

Check the mains cold water feed valve is fully on. It only turns 90' from on to off.

It's unlikely changing the diaphram would effect DHW flow rate. There's a filter built into the cold mains feed to the boiler, I once found one full of sand, might be worth checking there before all else. Turn off the valve on the cold feed or use the stopcock. Have a bowl handy to catch any residual water and undo the (from memory) chrome nut on the front of the valve, there you will see the wire filter.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print