Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 9th, 2024, 6:29pm
Quote: Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
running a spur from 2 gang socket (Read 2178 times)
charliesaunders1
GDPR opt-out

running a spur from 2 gang socket
Jan 15th, 2014, 8:31pm

HI, I need to run a spur from a two gang socket to accommodate wall lighting. Could you please tell me exactly how this is done. The spur will run directly into a switched fused connection. Also how many wall lights may I be able to use and am I right in saying that the spur is run in 2.5mm T&E mains cable and lighting from the socket in  1.5mm T&E cable. Thanks, Charlie

IP Logged

unphased
GDPR opt-out

Re: running a spur from 2 gang socket
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2014, 6:26pm

What I would recommend you do is mount an un-switched spur next to the socket you wish to use and install a 3A fuse in it. Use 2.5mm2 T&E to do this. Then you can run a 1.0mm2 T&E cable directly, and vertically in line with the spur, to a light switch where you would put the feed from the spur to the common on the switch and the switched live to the wall light(s) on the switch terminal (L2 or L3). Put the neutral wires in to a connector block and terminate the cpcs on to the back box terminal. Then run 1.0mm2 T&E to each of your wall lights. Keep to prescribed zones which are vertically or horizontally between light fittings and accessories, no diagonal or 'snaking' wires. Does this answer your question? If not come back to us.

Regards

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print