Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 2nd, 2024, 7:56pm
Quote: If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Baxi 105e Boiler - Low Pressure (Read 2061 times)
ummy
GDPR opt-out

Baxi 105e Boiler - Low Pressure
Jan 24th, 2014, 6:33pm

Hi - my Baxi 105e have been running on low pressure for a long time and I need to let some new water into the system to bring it up to the correct operating pressure.  Under the boiler is a flexible hose and I read that I need to open taps on either end to let water into the system.. I can turn one and a little water drips out, but the other one won't budge (don't want to force anything for fear of crashing the system !).  The boiler, heating and water are all working fine, except the boiler hums constantly and also 1 rad does not get warm to the top - tried bleeding but nothing comes out.  I am beginning to assume that all the issues may be related to the low pressure.  So if I could get some water into the system, I could see if anything else still needs checking out by calling in an expert.

Really grateful for some advice on how to get water into the system.  Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Baxi 105e Boiler - Low Pressure
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2014, 7:17pm

You could use a good hose pipe to a drain cock if you go steady and don't over do it

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print