Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 14th, 2024, 3:21am
Quote: To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ideal Isar HE30 L9 (Read 2415 times)
littlep
GDPR opt-out

Ideal Isar HE30 L9
Feb 18th, 2014, 10:37am

Hello, newbie here, been trying to figure out whats up with our boiler and lots of google searches come back to this site so thought I'd jump in and see what advice you lovely people can give.

We have the ideal Isar HE30 yes I know it sh*t Cheesy I'm another warmsure victim who was told "its wonderful, you get a free boiler installed yay!" and its been nothing but trouble ever since! Huh

Anyhoo hot water and heating went off, boiler flashed its L9 error and and the pressure was low, so I repressurised and all was good for 24 hours or so, then it all went of again, no water no heat L9 message but pressure was ok.  Tried to simply press the reset button (you never know, sometimes it works Undecided)  and next minute a small buckets worth of water comes out of the bottom of the unit! Yikes! water stopped after the initial gush and was followed by dripping for about 10 minutes and is now dry again.  

Reading other threads on this boiler and its many faults I'm wondering whether the water was due to a blockage in the condensate trap?

I know this fault is sometimes the pump too and from what I've read I can check both of these myself.

COuld you guys please give me a step by step idiots guide to how to check these things and any other advice as to what it could be?
Thanks in advance x

PS I also suspect that our 20 yr old lad tried to repressurise whilst I was out because he saw me do it the day before and saw that it fixed the issue (temporarily anyway!) if he did and the pressure went too high could that have caused the water gush!?

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: Ideal Isar HE30 L9
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2014, 9:10pm

If your son over pressurised, the PRV would operate, ditching water.  This SHOULD exit the building via a copper pipe, but may not have been installed correctly, or perhaps a tundish in this pipe over-topped?

I doubt a blocked condensate would produce half a bucket of water.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Ideal Isar HE30 L9
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2014, 12:33am

May have been driving rain from the last week or so getting in the flue, in all fairness you should get it checked

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print