Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 19th, 2024, 4:00am
Quote: Half the people you know are below average.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
problem with Neff integrated dishwasher (Read 4769 times)
rainbow

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

problem with Neff integrated dishwasher
Nov 20th, 2018, 12:56pm

Hi,
I have a Neff integrated dishwasher, model S5IE5OXOGB, approximately 7 years old.  It started beeping soon after starting the wash cycle and the red 'tap' light is flashing, which I understand to mean a blockage or not draining properly.  I've cleaned the filters and checked for any obvious blockages at the pipe end of the drain hose, and water does gush out but it still beeps.  Any suggestions what to do next would be much appreciated, thanks.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58

Re: problem with Neff integrated dishwasher
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2018, 2:27pm

Check the tray under the dishwasher. If there is a leak this collects in the tray and operates a float valve giving a warning (At least it does on many makes of machine).

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

rainbow

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2018, 2:52pm

Thanks CWatters.  

It's an integrated machine so the tray must be hidden behind the plinth/kicker board, which doesn't move easily (and I don't want to force it!)  Will have to get the other half to have look later.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2018, 1:49pm

Does it also give an error code number?

https://www.northlondonappliancerepairs.co.uk/error-codes/neff-error-codes/error...

I think the tap symbol can also light up if the pump that empties the machine has a problem. Sometimes you can remove one or more bits of metal and plastic from the inside the machine where the water drains out to clear the pump.  

The above link says you should have an E15 error code if the tray I mentioned before is flooded. So if you don't have that error code it might not be that.

Sometimes a short length of the kickerboard in front of the dishwasher slides up in slots like the portcullis of a castle. You have to lever up each end a bit at a time keeping it horizontal as it goes up or it can stick. Other times a longer length of kicker clips onto the adjustable feet of the cabinets.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print