Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 26th, 2024, 1:55am
Quote: I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT versatility BBM+ module help setting up IP ext (Read 1441 times)
teg

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

BT versatility BBM+ module help setting up IP ext
Jul 15th, 2019, 11:16pm

Hi

I have had a versatility system running with a Broadband module plus for a few years. Recently had a power issue and it affected whole system, unfortunately when I went to reload my backup file on a replacement system, it was corrupted.

Therefore I have had to start from scratch. My main issue is I am trying to configure the endpoints in the BBM set up browser but it only gives the option of in active or IP trunk but nothing for IP ext. I am running a external router and using the Dmz port to connect the internet.

It is a issue that has been brought up on the BT forums a number of times but there is no solution available as the post have been archived. Has anyone else had this issue and can they shed some light on the situation.

https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Archive/BT-Versatility-BBM-and-V-IP-Featurepho...
nes/td-p/9623

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT versatility BBM+ module help setting up IP ext
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2019, 6:33am

Are you sure you have the BBM+, not just a BBM?  The drop down boxes should have the option for trunk, extension and unassigned.  I have not come across a problem with them not being there.  Not done much with the VoIP side of Versatility though, it was never a popular option when the system was in its prime.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print