Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 28th, 2024, 11:07pm
Quote: How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jig for shelves??? (Read 10212 times)
Dewy
GDPR opt-out

Re: Jig for shelves???
Reply #17 - Dec 19th, 2004, 5:51pm

[quote author=Aquila  link=1103322332/15#15 date=1103471536]Trend do an Offset Trenching Base that goes on the bottom of the router. It is pentagon shaped and the distance from the shortest edge to the center is 100mm, when you turn it each side is 1mm wider so it will cut up to 5mm larger than the cutter without moving the straightedge. Part No TEMP/OTB/A
hope this helps [/quote]
The trouble with this guide is that you are likely to make the first cut and then turn the router base to make the next cut further away from the straight edge. This means you climb cut which is difficult to hold the router against the straight edge.
The best way is to make the first cut with the 5mm gap so that the next cut is closer to the straight edge.
You can only make each subsequent cut at 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5mm different so you cant get the width perfect.

IP Logged

john_elliott
Trade Member

The Boy of Beauty!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Not Specified

Reply #18 - Dec 19th, 2004, 7:04pm

Or, you could do shelves the way I do, no trench, just pocket screw the shelves and screw to the sides with some polyurethane glue. At least as strong if not stronger than sinking the shelves in to trenches

Someone coming tomorrow am for the clamp guide etc tomorrow am, BTW
John

Thank User For This Post WWW  
IP Logged

zambezi
Reply #19 - Dec 19th, 2004, 11:00pm

Thanks John, i did not go for it coz it is a tad long for me (may only use it once every 2 months and i have no idea where about you live, i am still trying to recover from my trip to JerryD's for the pipe freezer)

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print