Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 16th, 2024, 9:35am
Quote: Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a few slight changes (there may be more to come) (Read 2395 times)
plugwash
Administrator

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Not Specified

a few slight changes (there may be more to come)
Dec 25th, 2004, 1:35am

we have added the add more membergroups mod to this forum. There were a few small surprises but it seems to be working fine.

This mod gives us more flexibility in certain areas and also introduces global moderators. However there have also been some other side effects.

The most noticeable of theese is that being placed in a specified group (for example Trade or ATT Moderator) will cause you to be no longer listed in the post based group (though strangely moderators of a particular forum DO show the post based group underneath moderator within that forum regardless of what global group they are in).

for the moment trade members have 5 silver stars though this may change later.

people in the ATT Moderator group currently show with the green moderator stars everywhere. Again this is subject to change.

The following memebers previously had mod status on a large number of forums.  

L.spark
coggy
big_all

They have been changed into global mods and removed from the moderator lists of most of the forums (which ones they remained listed on was largely decided by the users themselves as i have no real idea who mods where).

Global mods have 5 purple stars atm.

Thank User For This Post WWW plugwash plugwash 107767391 peter_m_green_zyworld_com plugwash  
IP Logged

JohnDavies
Re: a few slight changes (there may be more to com
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2005, 1:06am

I am confused....

I used to be a guest but now I am a newbie....whatever a newbie is.......

what makes one a newbie, or a member, or a diy expert etc?  Just the number of posts?

Regards

John Davies

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

plugwash
Administrator

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Not Specified

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2005, 1:25am

diy expert was a class used to access a private forum that was later deleted. but the memebergroup stayed.

guest is for those who do not have an account. (i thought we had guest posting disabled but i don't remember)

newbie-Junior Member-Full Member-Senior Member-God Member are based on post count and do not (currently) have any asociated privilages.

Trade gets you access to the trade forums

AE3 Admin was created for fwl-enginner when we were planning to copperate with his AE3 (which doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast right now) and has the same privilages as trade.

Member was created for the member only forums which were later abandoned.

ATT Moderator is for moderators who have access to the trade sections.

DIY Moderator is for moderators who do not have access to the trade sections (currently only ban-all-sheds)

Moderator is shown for all moderators (except for global moderators) in forums they moderate (and for some strange reason thier post based group is shown below it even though its hidden everywhere else)

Administrator is for those with total power over the forums (like me Wink )

Global moderators have moderator privilages everywhere.

I think thats about it.

Thank User For This Post WWW plugwash plugwash 107767391 peter_m_green_zyworld_com plugwash  
IP Logged

JohnDavies
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2005, 1:48am

Thanks for this .....   its all a lot clearer now!

John

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print