Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 1st, 2024, 10:03am
Quote: The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax - Albert Einstein

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
socket height (Read 12132 times)
billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: socket height
Reply #17 - Jan 14th, 2005, 1:31am

still looks like miles! Wink Cheers LS

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Beanzy
Reply #18 - Jan 14th, 2005, 5:45am

On new stuff / re-builds I stick to the Buildings regs. It may only be a recommendation in BS7671 but the Building regswill give you grief if you don't stick to them on stuff to be inspected. As for existing additions I always match the height of existing accessories. Can you imagine if you just did 450mm etc when they were originally 200mm on the other side of the room?

Also doesn't it only apply to rooms likely to be accessed by visitors etc? Or where did that thought rattle out of?

Now about the Buildings regs on the Luminosity of Anagalyptic wall paper L.S............. Shocked   Grin

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

LSpark
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 3
For This Post: 0

London, UK, United Kingdom
London, UK
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #19 - Jan 14th, 2005, 11:40am

[quote author=Beanzy  link=1104283302/15#18 date=1105681524]
Also doesn't it only apply to rooms likely to be accessed by visitors etc? Or where did that thought rattle out of? [/quote]

Nah I heard that it was only visiters rooms and rooms that visitors might stay, same as what you said

Quote:
Now about the Buildings regs on the Luminosity of Anagalyptic wall paper L.S............. Shocked

shuddup  Grin

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

JerryD
Reply #20 - Jan 14th, 2005, 6:11pm

Why not fit the sockets at the height you want (to match existing) and then stick on some other 'dummy' sockets (with Blue Tack) at 450mm.  Cheesy

After BCO has been and gone, peel them off and stick 'em in yer bag ready for the next job  Grin

No......wait.....Part P test 'n inspection, damn, forgot about that  Embarrassed

Bugger it!  Back to the drawing board  Sad

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print