Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 28th, 2024, 8:49pm
Quote: Why do people without a watch look at their wrist when you ask them what time it is?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
shower probs (Read 2183 times)
Raptor
GDPR opt-out

shower probs
Jan 2nd, 2005, 6:13pm

l have recently been having what seems like a reduction in water flow at the showerhead. Jump in shower ,ok.then after a couple of minutes the flow of water from showerhead turns from a shower to a trickle.Had no probs with the shower since fitted 5 years ago.It is a Gainsborough 8.5kw.Is the shower unit on it`s way out or does this indicate a problem elsewhere in the system?

IP Logged

Charlie_Farley

Yabba dabba dooo!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Re: shower probs
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2005, 7:19pm

Turn on your sink taps (closest to the shower) and guess the same amount of water flow as your shower exudes and see if it does the same.  It may be that your local authority has reduced the pressure in the area as so many consumers are hammering it over the holidays.  This little test may confirm that.

Secondly ensure your crutch valve where the water enters the house is fully on but beware cos it may blow the bottom out of your kettle.  These simple tests can confirm that water is there and enough to create an effective shower.  If they pass then look at the shower itself.

Grin

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2005, 7:27pm

CF has good advice there.  I know some taps will start with a good flow, which deminishes after 30 seconds or so.

I don't know if this is the same with showers, but I had a plumber 'rewind the worm' in my tap, in his words!

Nothing worse than a dodgy shower Wink

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2005, 7:27pm by Lectrician »  

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Raptor
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:58pm

Thanks for the replies lad`s but after an hours nagging off shmbo i traced the problem to the showerhead. The rubber nozzles inside the plastic head had became displaced and were blocking things up.
It`s amazing how a bit of nagging get`s you off the couch instead of my plan to look at it tomorrow LOL.
Thanks anyway.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print