Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 5th, 2024, 7:45pm
Quote: A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing - Emo Philips

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Air admittance valve +sub stack position (Read 3529 times)
nyck
GDPR opt-out

Air admittance valve +sub stack position
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:43am

I've had a 2 storey side extension built.in the plans i've got 2x SVP both from the garage through the floor one to the new bathroom the other to the old bathroom via a sub stack with a AAV which will be in the new bedroom not ideal.
Can i put the Sub stack etc in the old bathroom and connect to the SVP in the garage with 2x 45 degree bends an bit of SVP long enough to connect the SVP in the garage and the sub in the old bathroom(hope this makes sense)
or could i put the sub stack+AAV in the new bathroom

I would like a few ideas before i see the BCO.

thanks nyck

IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Air admittance valve +sub stack position
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2005, 11:29am

as long as you have a full SVP on the line somewhere the stub stack can go anywhere practical on the line. Try to avoid bends where the stack is carrying effluent and not just air wherever possible.  If its easier to stick it in the bedroom, and wont be a nuisance, theres no reason it cant go there as far as I can tell, the AAV will take care of any smells/foul air that could be released, make sure you fit it properly so it doesnt stay open! smelly.....

ßtk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print