Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 1st, 2024, 1:31pm
Quote: All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
part and public awareness? (Read 1589 times)
ex-subbie714

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

part and public awareness?
Jan 21st, 2005, 6:40pm

ok so some people have read in the press and tv about part p but has any sparks found anyone who totally agrees with this load of crap from blair and co?
everbody i speak to thinks hmmm this is going to cost me more money noboddy has yet to say what a great idea ie saving lives or reducing fires in homes preventing shocks ect,
why dont electricians just get organised like the french farmers and make a stand and tell  them where to get off!!
bloody beurocracts and polititians what the @%@$£$%$%do they care about the not the average honest hard working tradesmen thats for sure all this should be set up and funded by the goverment on our behalf as tt says ferk em ,im 100% anti part p and it will never work!! (Profanity Removed) all of em  prescot et al

Quote:

M1
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2005, 7:56pm by LSpark »  
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

The_Trician
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 8
For This Post: 0

Trade: Electrician

Re: part and public awareness?
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2005, 3:41pm

Well, its now Feb 05 and my LABC still has nothing in place to cater for Part P!

General Election coming up, so perhaps its all been forgotten about!

Ferk em!

TT

Thats the trouble with a colostomy - you can never find the shoes to match the bag.......
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Beanzy
Re: part and public awareness?
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2005, 5:23pm

Just got a nice shop refurb to quote for today. It's 1/2 grant funded and will be under Building regs supervision anyway. Flat above so part P covered. Anyway in one breath I had both informed him about part P's existence, and the fact that it'll be covered as long as he sticks the required paragraph on his notification going in anyway, and I'll do the certs for his sign-off at the end, the LABCB already have my C&G 2381 & 2391 photocopies so they're happy to use my IEE based certs for the inspection sign-off. Additional cost..... now't. But that's just this one! if it were some simple add a few sockets or upgrade a consumer unit joe public gets stung for the additionals of PartP.

Now I know once I'm self-cert it'll only cost me about £1.70 + Vat to do the final notice, but then there's the additional time & online submission so even the it'll be +£25 to the punter.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print