Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 5th, 2024, 3:42am
Quote: You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What brand would you spec? (Read 928 times)
Beanzy
GDPR opt-out

What brand would you spec?
Feb 21st, 2005, 8:15am

Brain-picking exercise really, I'm quoting for a renovation. Owner hadn't even thought about fire detection and alarms or emergency lighting,  until I said they'd never get a fire officer siggy if they didn't get a system in.

Anyway shocked customer has agreed to go for 'something'. Now I've no probs speccing the sytsem in terms of non maintained points, call points exit signs and photoluminescent signs and the like. But what brands would people use in a scenario like the following?;

Average sized shopping area (think of your local Spar or a garage shop) now converted into a Deli/tarty/healthy food shop, beside this will be a large commercial kitchen to serve a 'deck barbie'/cafe out front. Behind are 3 work shop storage/spaces one of which contains the stairway access to a flat above. Some loos further out back and a workshop/bike-rental space. In effect there are about 6 zones to monitor. and a flat above to give it's own system to but enable triggering by shop/system.

I've been looking at the AICO brand panels, detectors & sounders as a likely candidate but has anyone any strong preferences and reasons for this which they could share?.
I'll also be doing an inductance loop system for the counter area and a Disabled loo alarm, so if there's any really smart integrated system you like that would go down well.
Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print