Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 21st, 2024, 9:06pm
Quote: Peace is a period of cheating between two rounds of fighting - Ambrose Bierce

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heat detector (Read 1843 times)
JohnD
GDPR opt-out

Heat detector
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:39am

It seems I need a heat detector.  We have an extension to build on to our house, and the doorway between what will be the kitchen and the existing dining room - the current rear door - has a brick arch, and is too low to realistically fit a fire door too - or any door, come to that.

I can't find a heat detector which is compatible with the 240v 9v backup smoke detectors I have already bought!

Is the answer to buy a fire alarm panel and connect a heat detector to that, and have two separate systems, or will that still not satisfy regs?

Or shall I just bite the bullet, fit a lintel and a firedoor and take the firedoor out again after Building Control have finished with me.

Every time I think I have got this job sussed it gets more complicated.  Sad

Am posting this is a slightly different form in the alarms section as well.

Thanks JohnD

Further thought - are heat and smoke detectors  compatible with burgular fire alarms and if so will that suit regs?

IP Logged

mrgrumpy
GDPR opt-out

Re: Heat detector
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2005, 7:53pm

Don't know much about the reg's; but if you don't have an alarm, you can fit one with both heat and smoke detectors.  Won't be cheap though! Shocked

Fire officers like monitored burg alarms with smoke detectors added, if fire, a signal is sent to monitoring station. Even more expensive.

Wot sort of money do you want to spend on this project J.D?
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2005, 7:53pm by mrgrumpy »  

IP Logged

JohnD
GDPR opt-out

Re: Heat detector
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2005, 1:28am

Less then a tenner would be ideal.....

think I have found a heat sensor which is compatible with my smoke alarms, thankfully.

JohnD

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print