Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 18th, 2024, 3:45pm
Quote: A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing - Emo Philips

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Door Entry System with Pin Code Entry (Read 7053 times)
Wheel-nut
GDPR opt-out

Door Entry System with Pin Code Entry
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:17pm

A Friend of mine has a Door Entry System with PIN Code Entry and intercom to his Reception Desk. The system also has an Entry button at the reception desk which unlocks the door.

The Door entry panel has a Numeric Keypad with Enter and Cancel keys and a voice intercom grille. I could get a picture if it would help identify it.

The problem is that the company that installed the system has disappeared and my friend needs to change the PIN Code at regular intervals for insurance purposes.

Can anybody tell me how to reset the PIN number. The premises are in south Glasgow so even a reference to a company who services this sort of equipment would be a great help.

IP Logged

Lurch
GDPR opt-out

Re: Door Entry System with Pin Code Entry
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2005, 11:38pm

Er, dunno. Could be anything, I won't post a sarcastic comment about vagueness. Wink

Pic would help, make and model would be better.

IP Logged

Wheel-nut
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2005, 12:08am

Hi Lurch. Yes, the info is very sketchy and I have asked for a picture of the panel which I will post here.

I am clutching at straws here in the hope that someone can recognise it from the description of the keypad and Enter/ Cancel keys.

I will post the piccy as soon as I get it....

IP Logged

Lurch
GDPR opt-out

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2005, 12:32am

Also get a photo of the phone handset too, assuming it's a handset specific to the entry unit and it's not connected through the phone system.

IP Logged

Wheel-nut
GDPR opt-out

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2005, 10:01pm

Hi again Lurch. Problem solved..... it is a Videx VX800 as described here http://www.videx-security.com/product_detail.php?cat=57%2C39&id=388

There is a PDF giving programming instructions and under one of the other variants, there are wiring diagrams and full installation instructions.

I have passed these to my friend and he is going to get his maintenance electrician to do the necessary.

Many thanks.

IP Logged

Lurch
GDPR opt-out

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2005, 10:58pm

Sorted then, and I didn't even do anything. Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2005, 10:59pm by Lurch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print