Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 16th, 2024, 4:50pm
Quote: A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
laptop HELP! (Read 21112 times)
BigClick
GDPR opt-out

Re: laptop HELP!
Reply #34 - Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:13am

londonman wrote on Jul 24th, 2009, 4:12pm:
I agree.  Not all but some are  Wink

I know some people that are using MAC notebooks because of their elegant design and multi-media capabilities, however, many recent Apple users just run a Fusion program so it essentially windows in any case.
The application provider end of things (servers, cloud computing etc) is 99% powered by virtualised windows, with the exception of network application appliances such as firewalls IPS probes etc, these tend to run a version of Linux as the hardened OS.
I like Apple but not particularly for the business software. As regards to virus, there is a rise in the number of Apple specific viruses and Apple is now pushing AV software. Email frauds are likely to catch out either user.

IP Logged

londonman
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 13
For This Post: 0

Malvern, United Kingdom
Malvern
United Kingdom

Trade: Cabinet Maker

Reply #35 - Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:05pm

Quote:

....... As regards to virus, there is a rise in the number of Apple specific viruses

Such as?

Quote:
and Apple is now pushing AV software.

Some folk will do anything to turn a penny.

Quote:
Email frauds are likely to catch out either user.

Email frauds will catch the gullible irrespective of whatever computer they are using.

I know many many people who simply use and like using their Macs because they just want to get on and do something. True..some people might use Fusion but then the OS is essentially retarded back to Microsoft along with all the crud, viruses etc that goes along with PCs.

Would all Third Party Apologists kindly mind their own business .....
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

BigClick
Reply #36 - Nov 3rd, 2009, 7:48pm

londonman wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:05pm:
Quote:

....... As regards to virus, there is a rise in the number of Apple specific viruses

Such as?

Quote:
and Apple is now pushing AV software.

Some folk will do anything to turn a penny.

Quote:
Email frauds are likely to catch out either user.

Email frauds will catch the gullible irrespective of whatever computer they are using.

I know many many people who simply use and like using their Macs because they just want to get on and do something. True..some people might use Fusion but then the OS is essentially retarded back to Microsoft along with all the crud, viruses etc that goes along with PCs.

http://www.t3.com/news/apple-hints-at-mac-virus-threat?=37437
or
http://switchtoamac.com/site/apple-recognizes-virus-and-malware-threat-to-mac-os...
maybe
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Apple-Admits-Virus-Threat-Recommends-Antivirus-Ut...
Isn't google marvelous Smiley

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print