Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 1st, 2024, 5:30am
Quote: Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Employing an electrician (Read 9851 times)
TwoSheds

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Re: Employing an electrician
Reply #17 - Feb 5th, 2005, 11:30pm

Thanks for all the replies.  What surprised me was that with both being NICEIC registered, one said it was ok the other said it needed URGENT attention.  I'm happy to leave it till I do a CU upgrade. Who does this the REC or the sparks?
Another thing. I needed the CH bonding and supp bonding in the bathroom. Checking this I found he has bonded 5 pipes in the HW cylinder cupboard (next to bathroom), but the only bonding in the bathroom is between the basin pipes, nothing to the bath mixer (plastic bath). The pipes to the mixer has flexible (braided rubber) connectors. Can this be right?

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

TwoSheds

Total Thanks: 0

Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2005, 11:32pm

Who does this.....?

Sorry, I mean the tails.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

LSpark
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 3

London, UK, United Kingdom
London, UK
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #19 - Feb 6th, 2005, 12:14am

[quote author=HandyJon  link=1098919645/15#16 date=1107640350]

Seeing at how sparky's argue about the finer points of some of the regulations and the fact that the regs don't go down to the nth detail about every single situation there will always be situations where personal opinion and experience takes over [/quote]

The regulations are left open to interpretation, which mean's people will think different things, I think allot of people would tell you they would prefer just a clearer set of rules as you don't know if you're always complying fully, not sure there's always an argument on the finer point's, well perhaps sometimes  Wink

Quote:
Also not every spark has exactly the same amount of experience or commitment to the job so they will do the same job differently either due to time/job pressures or lack of experience

A fair point made I think, that's why you should always employ me  Wink Cheesy Grin

Quote:
So they're probably both right.  ???

That's open to interpretation too, bet we could all decide which one we thought was most accurate, of course you would have to see the job to say yay or nay  Wink

Quote:
one said it was ok the other said it needed URGENT attention

Hey Twin, Well the NICEIC them self’s say different thing's, be doubtful the contractors being any different

Quote:
Who does this the REC or the sparks

The tails & the consumer unit would both be done by you're chosen electrician

Quote:
Checking this I found he has bonded 5 pipes in the HW cylinder cupboard (next to bathroom), but the only bonding in the bathroom is between the basin pipes, nothing to the bath mixer (plastic bath). pipes to the mixer has flexible (braided rubber) connectors. Can this be right?

To me it sound's like all the bonding has been covered, we don't earth anything plastic or rubber, so yes that's right
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2005, 12:15am by LSpark »  
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print