Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 5th, 2024, 4:16pm
Quote: A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Masking tape (Read 10574 times)
bstyle
GDPR opt-out

Re: Masking tape
Reply #17 - Jan 18th, 2005, 8:36pm

[quote author=JerryD  link=1105980108/15#15 date=1106074691]While we're on the subject of silicone, how do you stop mildew and mould growing on it, especially in shower enclosures?

Nothing I've ever tried has worked  Sad

There must be a better way of sealing tiles to shower tray?   [/quote]

These are good http://www.schluter.co.uk/produkt.aspx?doc=4-10-dilex-as.xml&pg=funktion

IP Logged

Kesh
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Not Specified

Reply #18 - Jan 18th, 2005, 11:12pm

[quote author=JerryD  link=1105980108/15#15 date=1106074691]While we're on the subject of silicone, how do you stop mildew and mould growing on it, especially in shower enclosures?

Nothing I've ever tried has worked  Sad

There must be a better way of sealing tiles to shower tray?   [/quote]

If you get an on-going problem due to poor ventilation etc.,  a dose of neat bleach applied with a kitchen scourer-sponge will clear it & keep it at bay for a year or so.

Uhh... I must have forgot something else!
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

HM

Chief Turd Polisher

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Reply #19 - Jan 19th, 2005, 1:42am

THis was a problem with the shower I've just resealed. It had a couple of patches of black mildew in the corners of the previous silicon (which hadn't been done well IMHO because it left small shallows in the silicon where water wouldn't run off).

My approach was to aggressively remove as much of the old silicon as possible. Then I gave it some heavy swabbing with bleach. Then used silicon remover overnight. Methylated spirit to clean everything up (mental note: not a good idea in an enclosed shower area - hic!). Then silicon. Then quadrant all round to cover that silicon. Then finish the quadrant with silicon.

Now if any of these blasted microbes manage to survive that little lot I'm gonna get worried that we've good a new super-microbe on the loose.....

HM

If you aren't always sure of the right answer don't take up a career in the bomb squad
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print