Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 3rd, 2024, 6:57pm
Quote: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multi finish (Read 2341 times)
Raptor
GDPR opt-out

Multi finish
May 16th, 2005, 9:42pm

I removed all the tiles in my bathroom today and made the walls good with a coat of Thistle multi finish .Looks a good effort for a first time plastering,now i was going to use one coat plaster but my local yard didn`t sell it and recomended multi finish. Is this ok?
Now how long will i have to wait before i can tile and is it best to tile straight onto the plaster or will i have to prep it first.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

IP Logged

bstyle
GDPR opt-out

Re: Multi finish
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2005, 11:32pm

Multifinish is fine, I use it myself in Bathrooms and it's far easier to use than one coat plaster.

You wont like this but plaster should be left for 6 weeks before tiling!! A load of crap I know but thats what the tile adhesive manufacturers recommend.

I would personally leave it to lighten before you tile. Should take a couple of days in this heat.

As for preparing the plaster before you tile I would check with your adhesive manufacturer. They would normally recommend a particular primer. For example if you're using bal adhesives then use Bal Prime APD undiluted.

IP Logged

Raptor
GDPR opt-out

Re: Multi finish
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2005, 10:35pm

Had a fan blowing in the bathroom all afternoon and it has dried to a nice light brown,will give it a couple of days and see what its like.One day of work in the bathroom and allready getting complaints off the wife that its taking ages.Think she`s watched too many Sixty minute makeovers on the telly .LOL.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print