Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 15th, 2024, 8:16am
Quote: The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Lock Jigs (Read 16717 times)
TIMBA-WOLF
Board Moderator

Timba-Wolf..... Var@*sh,
should be banned!!

Total Thanks: 15
For This Post: 0

KENT,(under a tree!!!!), United Kingdom
KENT,(under a tree!!!!)
United Kingdom

Trade: Joiner

Re: Lock Jigs
Reply #34 - Feb 7th, 2006, 12:20am

As previously stated Scrit, i do really need to see the underside of the routerfor some sort of idea, in which direction to actually go...
the uni base IS a good idea, IF you have cutters which have a long enough body, not shank!!! because even though it states 8mm thick, yes, maybe so , add the GB thickness on as well and the depth lost is increasing all the time, and as for the threaded bushings... (as per usual, the Yanks do it again, get a problem, and what do they do, SOLVE IT!!!!!! ) as for the fact the Gb's are imperial, if like me , i prefer to work in real measurements!!! ( then it should not be a problem, as most people do have metric/imperial conversion charts handy!!but like i say, get me a piccy and there may be an inner!!!!

AS HONEST AND LOYAL AS THE TIMBER-WOLF. --VAR@*SH, DON'T YOU SWEAR AT ME!! PAL!!&&I DON'T SUFFER FROM INSANITY- I DAMNED WELL ENJOY IT!!!!!
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

ChippyMal

I'll cum in a minute!!!!

Total Thanks: 0

Reply #35 - Feb 7th, 2006, 9:50pm

Hi Scrit/Wolf
Sorry iv'e not been back for a couple of days, busy at work (unusual for me Wink)² I did take a couple of piccys of base but they are as clear as mud, if you can bear with me I will remove the gizmo that fits to the base and holds the bayonet bushes and take a photo of that. I would imagine any guide bush adapter would have to be fitted in place of it, it does fit from the top of the router base with 2 screws (hope that makes sense).
I suppose a unibase would be an easier option, restricted cutting depth not really a problem cos I would only be using for faceplate routing, lock body i'd do with an auger as 900w router not up to it. On the loss of depth issue, is it possible to remove existing baseplate (about 4mm) and then fix unibase?

Mal

The wife and I have a give and take relationship....................I give and she takes!!!!
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Scrit
Reply #36 - Feb 7th, 2006, 10:35pm

[quote author=ChippyMal  link=1136743299/30#35 date=1139349057]On the loss of depth issue, is it possible to remove existing baseplate (about 4mm) and then fix unibase? [/quote]
I reckon so. The plastic sub-base that Bosch use is particuraly thick against the Elu/DW phenolic plastic type.

Scrit

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

ChippyMal

I'll cum in a minute!!!!

Total Thanks: 0

Reply #37 - Feb 11th, 2006, 8:11pm

I went for the unibase, I found a £10 b&q voucher left over from christmas (hope it was mine) so it only cost me a fiver, can't say I'm too impressed with it, the bolts stick through and foul the chip guard, I know I can cut them off but I just like to moan. At least it gets me sorted, just got to find lock and hinge jigs and i'm away.
Thanks for all your help and advice.

Mal

The wife and I have a give and take relationship....................I give and she takes!!!!
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print