Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 19th, 2024, 9:22am
Quote: The grass is always greener when you remember to water it.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Semi Circular Bench Plans (Read 16059 times)
Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Re: Semi Circular Bench Plans
Reply #17 - Mar 14th, 2008, 8:33pm

Quote:
Quote:
Many thanks for that DL it looks good.  I will have a word with herself when she gets back and then a talk to my son regarding the steelwork.

Thanks also to Jason for the advice on finishing the metal elements.

I will let you know what we decide.

Hi

The drawing is to scale on A3 paper if you would like a hard copy them PM me with your address and I will put a couple of copies in the post.

I feel we have put you to enough effort on our behalf already DL - I can get the file copied onto A3 locally - thank you so much for what you have done.

IP Logged

Dolallytap
GDPR opt-out

Re: Semi Circular Bench Plans
Reply #18 - Mar 14th, 2008, 9:03pm

Quote:
Quote:
Just a point, it all appears to be hanging on the wall, are you confident that the wall will hold it ?

The wall seems to be well built 9" with a top of Engineering bricks on edge.  The curve I would assume would give a greater strength say than a straight wall of similar construction.

I am open to advice.

One benefit to me is that if the supports are painted say a dark green then the bench will appear to float in space.

Hi

I would not have designed it that way if I thought the wall was built like a house built out of straw.

If you think on it the majority of the force is being transferred strait down there is very little force is applied to a pull. And don’t forget as all ready mentioned it is also being fixed with two M8 coach screws.

Regarding colour you could consider a gun metal colour.

I have been trying to think of the colour / effect that are black with green highlights like aged copper (green).  

It’s no trouble to put a couple of copies of the drawing in the post.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print